CBD products have grown increasingly popular in the last few years, as more and more people appreciate the potential health benefits of cannabinoids. But if you’re a first-time user, CBD products can be confusing. When it comes to selecting the perfect product for your needs, it’s essential to understand the difference between full spectrum and broad spectrum CBD options. In this article, we’ll explore both full and broad spectrum CBD products to help you find the perfect one for your lifestyle.
1. What Is the Difference Between Full Spectrum and Broad Spectrum CBD?
Full-spectrum CBD oil is produced with the entire hemp plant, containing all of the plant’s cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, and other compounds. Broad-spectrum CBD is the result of removing certain elements of the hemp plant, including THC. So, the difference between full- and broad-spectrum is as follows:
- Full-spectrum CBD oil – contains all of the cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, and other compounds of the hemp plant
- Broad-spectrum CBD oil – removes some elements of the hemp plant, including THC
Full-spectrum CBD oils contain THC, the compound responsible for marijuana’s psychoactive effects, at amounts of less than 0.3%. In most cases, the illegal amount of THC found in marijuana is much higher, ranging from 10-30%. The legal limit allows individuals to consume full-spectrum CBD without experiencing any intoxicating side effects. This also ensures that all of the hemp’s beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, and other components are present in the oil.
On the other hand, broad-spectrum CBD contains all of the compounds of the hemp plant, minus THC. Broad-spectrum CBD is important for those who are extremely conscious of the trace amounts of THC in full-spectrum oil or who may need to take a drug test for work or another obligations. Broad-spectrum CBD oil is also beneficial because it allows individuals to enjoy the “Entourage Effect”, the term used to describe how the many compounds in the hemp plant work together to create a greater effect than the sum of their parts.
2. Pros and Cons of Full Spectrum CBD Products
Full spectrum CBD products, which contain cannabinoids such as CBD, CBG, CBN, CBC, and THC, are gaining popularity among consumers keen to take advantage of the full range of possible benefits offered by the hemp plant. Despite their potential advantages, however, there are several cons associated with full spectrum CBD products.
- Full spectrum CBD products are thought to provide more powerful effects than CBD isolated by itself. This is because of the synergistic effect between all of the cannabinoids present in the hemp plant.
- Full spectrum CBD also contains terpenes, which are compounds responsible for the smell and flavor of the hemp plant. Terpenes may provide additional health benefits, such as reduced inflammation and improved mental clarity.
- Full spectrum CBD products may contain THC, the psychoactive compound that is responsible for most of the effects associated with cannabis. It is important that you check the labels carefully to make sure the product does not contain any more than the legal amount of 0.3% THC.
- Some people report feeling more anxious or paranoid after taking full spectrum products because of the trace amounts of THC present. This can vary greatly between individuals and is not always an issue.
It is important to talk to your doctor before taking any CBD product to make sure it is right for you. Full spectrum CBD products may be effective for some people, while others may find that using isolate CBD is a better option.
3. Pros and Cons of Broad Spectrum CBD Products
What are Broad Spectrum CBD Products?
Broad spectrum CBD products are specially formulated to maximize the available therapeutic components of the plant while avoiding any psychoactive effects. They usually contain all of the natural active compounds from the hemp plant, with the exception of one key ingredient: THC, the compound responsible for the mind-altering affects of marijuana. By removing the THC, broad spectrum CBD products provide the full range of potential health benefits without any of the unwanted side-effects.
Pros of Broad Spectrum CBD Products
- No risk of getting “high” or any of the other psychoactive effects associated with THC.
- The benefits of all the natural compounds of the hemp plant, without the unwanted effects of hashy flavor and smell.
- Broad spectrum CBD products are a great choice for people who want to enjoy the natural benefits of hemp without having to worry about mind-altering effects.
Cons of Broad Spectrum CBD Products
- It’s more difficult for the body to absorb a broad-spectrum CBD product than a CBD isolate, meaning you may need to use a larger quantity of the product to gain the same therapeutic benefits.
- Broad-spectrum CBD can be more expensive than its CBD isolate counterpart due to the extra processing required to remove the THC from the product.
- Since the product contains many different compounds, it can be harder to track specific effects.
Broad spectrum CBD products offer a great option for people looking to get all of the natural benefits of hemp without the psychoactive effects of marijuana. While they may be a bit pricier and require consuming a larger quantity, the potential health benefits may be worth it. Ultimately, it’s up to the individual to decide what works best for them.
4. Selecting the Right CBD Product for You
When deciding on the best cannabidiol (CBD) product, there are several things to consider. Here are some guidelines to make the process easier:
- Research reputable companies – Make sure to research companies that have a track record of quality and reliable CBD products
- Know the ingredients – Keep an eye out for natural and organic ingredients that will provide the highest-quality CBD experience
- Know your purpose – Depending on your goal, you can choose from a variety of products tailored to address specific needs such as pain relief, anxiety management, or sleep aid
- Preferred delivery method – Choose from a selection of CBD-infused products such as oils, tinctures, capsules, topicals, and edibles
It never hurts to ask your doctor or other healthcare professionals for their recommendations when trying to determine what type of CBD product would work best for you. They can provide valuable insight to help you find the right solution.
Reading reviews about CBD products from other consumers can also be beneficial. People who have trying a particular CBD product have a unique perspective and can provide honest feedback.
It always helps to have a clear plan on how to select the right CBD product for your needs. Following these steps will put you on the path to finding the best CBD product for your needs.
CBD products come in a variety of forms to suit your needs. Whether you’re looking for the comprehensive benefits of full-spectrum hemp, or a precise dose of broad-spectrum, you have many options to choose from. Now that you’ve gained knowledge on the differences between both, you can make the informed decision and discover the right CBD product for you. Happy shopping!